Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
This individual will provide a safe working and shopping
experience to patrons of Scheels through the reduction and
deterrence of loss. The Loss Prevention Associate will assist all
Scheels' associates in fulfilling Scheels customer service and
safety standards; while maintaining a discreet, professional,
presence in Scheels stores.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and
accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
- Reduce and deter external loss through means of floor
surveillance and monitoring closed circuit camera systems. Poses
the ability to identify and apprehend external subjects for theft
when all Scheels 5 Imperatives have been met.
- Develop positive work relationships with state and federal law
- Reduce and deter internal loss through means of floor
surveillance, monitoring closed circuit camera systems, and
auditing/reviewing a variety of exception reports.
- Conduct successful non-confrontation interviews with external
or internal patrons of Scheels.
- Assist the leadership team in enforcing all policies and
- Create a safe working and shopping environment by completing
daily/weekly/monthly safety facility evaluations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts
through proper investigations.
- Ability to systematically complete various tasks with minimal
- Be professional in appearance and attitude
- Ability to work assigned schedules which may include varied
hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of High School Diploma or
General Education Degree (GED)
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount
of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements
are in excess of those for sedentary work
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates.
Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform
their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and
9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule
may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be
available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week
is (15-20) hours. PT- Nights/Weekends
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing
equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate.