Blood Banking Distribution & Inventory Tech / Rapid City / $15 DOEQ; No Exp Rq'd
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under direct supervision, receives orders for blood and blood
products (including BioCARE), prepares blood and blood products for
delivery, and delivers those products to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and
external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues
to the attention of management.
* Assures quality customer service to all customers.
* Receives and prepares routine and special orders for blood
products and services. Receives, inspects and determines
acceptability of blood components. Releases blood components from
* Unpacks tested and untested products and routes samples for
accessioning. Performs boxing and destruction of unacceptable
* Assures accuracy of all manual and computer generated records
including secondary review of assigned forms.
* Monitors all storage equipment and updates applicable records and
charts. Performs quality control of storage equipment and shipping
procedures. Assists with corrective action for unscheduled storage
alarms and documentation of equipment maintenance, as needed.
* Assists with training.
* Maintains Hospital Services equipment, vehicles, and work
* Performs inventory of blood products.
* Performs document control of department manuals and forms.
* Prepares and labels blood components. Maintains records and
performs computer entry.
* Performs irradiation or transfer of blood components to an
outside irradiation facility.
* Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
High school graduate or GED required.
Valid in-state driver's license required.
One year experience as a Hospital Services Tech or related
* Good communication and customer relations skills in order to deal
effectively with customers.
* Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stretch, reach and
* Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on paperwork.
* Computer skills required.
* Must be able to work on-call, various shifts including evenings
and weekends, and overtime.
* Must possess a good driving record.
* Able to work independently.
EEO including disability and veterans.
Keywords: Vitalant, Rapid City , Blood Banking Distribution & Inventory Tech / Rapid City / $15 DOEQ; No Exp Rq'd, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!