We are hiring a Diesel Tech Intern in Rapid City, SD !
Days on: Monday-Friday
Hours: Mid Afternoon- 1:00pm-6pm or
Pay Rage :$15.00/Hourly
Looking for someone who wants to GROW and
STAY with Ryder System.
Paid WEEKLY , L ife
Insurance , Vacation , and other great
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great
pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest
transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to
check out Ryder!
For More Info: Call Nikki at (904) 932-0382 or text
"RAPID CITY" to (904) 419-3477
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been
looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome
This position will successfully provide the Technician
Intern with the hands-on experience and knowledge in a
professional shop environment in order to transition into a
full-time technician position.
- Minimum age requirements and work hours will be determined by
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently
engage both Ryder employees as well as customers
- Competent in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Shop Management systems preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe work environment, quality
execution, and customer service as evidence by previous experience
and performance track record
- Must have track record of above average attendance
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track
record of achieving desired results
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background
Important Note: Additional requirements may be
required in different locations and/or accounts.
- The Technician Internship Program (TIP) is intended to
familiarize a tech student with all aspects of shop maintenance
operations while actively enrolled in a trade school
- The ultimate goal of a TI (Technician Intern) is to acclimate a
student to Ryder's current business model, culture and practices
which could potentially lead to future full-time employment,
- The TI must be able to fulfill all assigned training on a
weekly basis as guided by assigned location mentor
- The TI must be in good standing with his/her educational
institution prior and throughout enrollment of TIP
- He/she will work with local management to establish a work
schedule not to exceed 34 hours per week and accommodate the
educational commitments of the TI
- As with all FMS Shop positions, the TI is responsible for
adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and
- This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents
for other Technician level opportunities upon completion of the
training and graduation from his/her educational institution
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-SD-RAPID CITY
Posted Date 14 hours ago (6/9/2021
Requisition ID 2021-99938
Employment Type Casual-Part
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 8552