If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal
career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the
"Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The IV Pharmacy Technician is responsible for maintaining and
complying with USP 797 and USP 800 standards regarding sterile
compounding, hazardous compounding, cleaning, garbing, testing, and
training of new technicians on proper procedure. Directing all
aspects of sterile compounding under pharmacist supervision,
monitoring competency of all compounding staff, and regularly
working in the sterile compounding environment is required.
- Responsible for monitoring and/or cleaning the sterile
- Responsible for ensuring competency of all aspects of staff
(both technicians and pharmacists) performing sterile compounding
including, but not limited to cleaning, garbing, testing, training
and proper compounding procedure.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacists to ensure compliance of
USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Is able to properly utilize all equipment and acts as a
resource for equipment upgrades or changes.
- Maintain and monitor proper documentation of compounding,
cleaning, testing, and certification of equipment and compounding
- Communicates appropriately with all department members.
- Acts as a leader to enforce proper procedure.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Essential Functions in Hospital Environment
- Must perform all essential functions of a Tech-Check-Tech
technician and maintain TCT status in applicable areas.
- Creates and sends an order to the wholesaler and receives and
restocks such order, as applicable to site. Monitors medication
inventory to assure appropriate levels are maintained.
Additional Essential Functions in Home+ Environment
- Complete training and follow procedures for checking the work
of another technician in providing IV supplies to patients and/or
- Function as a backup to the Pharmacy Specialist when
- Take lead role in QAPI projects pertaining to the medication
and compounding area.
- Responsible for medication and supply inventory
Certifications - within 6-months of hire Compounded Sterile
Preparation Technician (CSPT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification
Work Experience - 3+ years of Sterile Processing Experience; 3+
years of Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years of Quality
Education - Associates in Health Related Field or Bachelors in
Health Related Field
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.