Company: Pennington County
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Pennington County Sheriff's Office is seeking Paramedic
applicants to join their medical team. This will include providing
comprehensive medical care to clients, inmates and detainees under
the care of the Pennington County Jail, Juvenile Services Center
and/or Care Campus Addiction Treatment Services.
Ideal applicants will be looking for stable, supportive
employment, the ability to work autonomously with the backing of a
great team and be readily available to work.
This position provides paramedical care for inmates, detainees
and clients in Pennington County correctional facilities and the
Care Campus. The Paramedic makes treatment recommendations and
assess medical conditions in accordance with their licensure.
The position is staffed typically between the hours of 0600 and
2200, seven days a week. An on-call rotation is required.
- Performs initial medical assessment of inmates, clients and
- Responds to and treats inmate, client, detainee and employee
- Provides appropriate pre-hospital medical care to include the
administration of medication and fluids and monitoring of
- Implements plans of care developed by medical supervisor.
- Collaborates in the development of care plans.
- Makes arrangements for the transport of inmates, clients and
detainees to the hospital as appropriate.
- Completes all required reports; maintains inmate, clients and
detainees charts and records.
- Orders prescribed medications, supplies and equipment.
- Verifies the identification of inmates, clients and detainees
prior to the administration of medication or other treatments.
- Assists physicians and dentists with patient care.
- Responds to inmate, clients and detainees medical requests;
makes assessments; determines the need for referrals; administers
- Assists correctional officers as needed.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with
completion of specialized training in the field of work, in
addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles
relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated
with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a
similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain appropriate state
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid South Dakota
Driver's License within 90 days of moving to South Dakota.
Keywords: Pennington County, Rapid City , Paramedic, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!