Per Diem Custodial and Housekeeping positions
Company: University of New England
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Type Per Diem
Position Title Per Diem Custodial and Housekeeping
Employment Status Full Time
Campus Both ME Campuses
To clean and perform routine maintenance of campus buildings,
including residence halls, classrooms, and administrative offices.
Positions are available on both the Biddeford and Portland campuses
with varying shifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
- Clean floors. This includes vacuuming, sweeping, dust moping,
- Wash windows, walls, chalkboards, trash cans.
- Dust furniture, fixtures, woodwork.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles and pick up litter in and
- Remove biological waste.
- Clean, sanitize and stock bathrooms; change and clean shower
- Do routine maintenance of electrical, heating and ventilating
vents and fixtures.
- Assist in snow removal on walks leading to and from
- Perform related duties as necessary.
High school education desirable. General knowledge and skills
related to routine housekeeping and maintenance work, with
commercial/institutional cleaning experience desirable.
- Ability to perform tasks in specific sequences.
- Physical ability to do heavy custodial work and operate
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions, chemical
labels and warnings.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and to deal
courteously with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative
EEO Statement Summary
Consistent with federal and state law and University policy, the
University of New England is committed to the fundamental concept
of equal opportunity for all of the members of the University
community. The University prohibits and will not tolerate
discrimination in employment, the provision of academic services or
in any other area of University life based on race, color, sex,
physical or mental disability, religion, age, ancestry, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
ethnicity, genetic information, HIV status, or status
as a veteran. Prohibited bias factors will not be permitted to have
an adverse influence upon decisions regarding students, employees,
applicants for admission, applicants for employment, contractors,
volunteers or participants in and/or users of institutional
programs, services, and activities.
COVID Vaccination Statement (PLEASE NOTE)
In order to protect the health and safety of the
UNE community, UNE requires all students
enrolled in classes on our campuses and all on-campus employees to
be vaccinated for COVID -19 before the start of the
fall 2021 semester or prior to the start of employment, whichever
is later. The University allows for religious and medical
exemptions to the policy. Applicants who believe they are eligible
for a medical or religious exemption to the vaccine may seek the
exemption through Human Resources after they receive a conditional
offer of employment. Please note that no person to whom the policy
applies will be finally employed or permitted to work if they are
not vaccinated unless they request an exemption and are granted
Posting Number 20160095P
Open Until Filled No
Keywords: University of New England, Rapid City , Per Diem Custodial and Housekeeping positions, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!