Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our
foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of
Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Spiritual Care Coordinator will provide weekly ministry
opportunities specific to clients and staff's needs in the Rapid
City program. Through the Director of Ministry's leadership, this
position will create relationships in the Rapid City faith
community where future ministry team members will be recruited and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate individual spiritual care hours in the program
- Provide weekly leadership of spiritual care groups
- Assist Director of Ministry in the coordination of chapel
- Support the development of faith in community
- Assist in recruitment and training of local ministry team
- Ability to provide pastoral care to individuals in crises
- Understanding of cultural/religious diversity
- Ability to coordinate and lead theologically sound
- Effective communication skills
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of
servant leadership and our cultural values
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop
computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be
met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing
cabinets, and bend or stand or stoop as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position provides 10-15 hours per week to be scheduled to
meet specific needs within the program. Occasional evening and
weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of pastoral care experience
- Valid South Dakota driver's license
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher in Seminary/Theological
- Chaplaincy training
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with
Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or