Customer Service Representative
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a Customer Service Representative youll put your
skills and talents along with our training to work as you review,
research and process claim payments to funeral homes or
beneficiaries after a loved one has passed. This is a job that
calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven, and
customer-focused. A Customer Service Representative will also
handle in bound phone calls from funeral homes and loved ones
requesting claim status or reporting a passing; as well as insureds
wishing to cash in or cancel their policies.
An Associate Claims Service Representative is a part of the
Terminations Department, which is made up of approximately 32-35
team members. The Terminations Department operates under the
Preneed Division of Assurant, which is pre-funded funeral
arrangements. This department is responsible for anything that
terminates a policy or is the end of a life cycle of a policy. This
team is led by three Supervisors who report to the Department
The Customer Service Representative position is full-time (40
hours/week). The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from
7:00 am to 6:00pm. Based on business needs It may be necessary to
work occasional overtime.
This is a work from home remote position.
- Review, research, and analyze claim paperwork to ensure all
requirements are met before processing payments.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound
phone calls (20-60 per day).
- Communicate through correspondence with team members and
funeral homes regarding claim payment or required information using
clear and simple language to ensure understanding.
- Processes cancellation requests.
- Research aged claims for proof of passing.
- Sets up and assign new policy numbers on older business.
- Requests medical records from doctors offices.
- Compares at need to preneed funeral contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how
to process a claim.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties
differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to
settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Call Center experience a plus
Keywords: Assurant, Rapid City , Customer Service Representative, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!