Auto BI Claims Manager I (Open to remote)
Company: American Family Insurance Claims Services
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location: EC-CO Offsite Colorado
Location: Remote Work
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R22439 Auto BI Claims Manager I (Open to remote) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and
your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$76,900 Compensation Maximum:$123,200
Job Level Summary
- Manages professional employees and/or
- Has accountability for the performance and results of a
team within own area of specialty.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address
resource and operational challenges.
- Decisions and problem solving are guided by policies,
procedures and department plan; receives guidance from
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues
- Supports and environment of teaming where adjusters make
decisions and close files within and outside of their assigned
inventory. Foresees issues that may require intervention. Develops
and shares innovative and effective solutions for dealing with
problems, situations and conflicts.
- Complies with Unfair Claims Practices Acts and ensures handling
of claims in good faith. Adheres to Local and Corporate Guidelines,
Company Claim Bulletins, and the Company Code of Ethics. Responds
to inquiries and handles complaints from individuals or their
representatives, insurance departments, Consumer Affairs, and other
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans,
objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as member of the management team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
- Allocates resources to division and department priorities and
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
operational goals. This is done in accordance with company
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus
affecting the results of the operating area.
- Manages the operating areas including, but not limited to,
budget preparation, report preparation, staff projections, and
- Develops employees by coaching, providing performance feedback,
providing effective performance reviews, and establishing
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Ability to work independently at a location removed from
- Solid knowledge of property casualty insurance/claim industry
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex losses in situations
that require tact, diplomacy, and persuasion under changing
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of office and field claim
- Demonstrated thorough understanding policy language, coverages
and underwriting intent.
- Demonstrated experience in a claim administrator, specialist,
examiner, or role with equivalent exhibited knowledge, skills and
Additional Job Information:
- Candidates with strong technical knowledge of auto BI claims
will be preferred.
- Candidates with leadership and experience with leading people
will be preferred.
- Candidates with a track record of success will be
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contigent workers are not eligable for American Family
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent
Keywords: American Family Insurance Claims Services, Rapid City , Auto BI Claims Manager I (Open to remote), Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!