Sr Flood Customer Service Representative
Company: Selective Insurance
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Selective is a midsized U.S. domestic property and casualty
insurance company with a history of strong financial performance
for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional employee and customer
experience, we are frequently recognized for awards and honors,
including being named to Forbes' 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial
Services and Insurance list.
We genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the
communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion
career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse
perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel
inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary
* This position is a remote opportunity in California
The Sr. Flood Customer Service Representative will be
responsible for assisting agents, insureds, mortgage companies, and
customer service team with all of their questions relating to but
not limited to application of ACH payments, billing questions,
status of claims, status of applications or policy issuance,
details of an in-force policy. In addition, responsible for the
processing of various underwriting processes including but not
limited to non-money endorsements, claim FNOL, collections, NSF
processing, policy cancellations.
- Assists the customer service team with questions, concerns,
issues specific to processing non-money endorsements,
cancellations, and reviewing/uploading required documentation to
issue policies and meet customer's needs. All processing must
follow FEMA guidelines and internal time/accuracy standards.
- Handles verbal and written correspondence with agents and/or
insured's daily per department standards. Communication must be
done in a professional and courteous manor to support Selective's
corporate customer service standards. Manages customer inquiries
from various sources including phone, e-mail, and fax.
- Answers questions or resolves problems of customer service reps
and customers specific to billing, underwriting and claims issues.
This requires a thorough knowledge of department operations; FEMA's
underwriting guidelines, and claim processes. Supports internal
staff with their questions and needs as well. Seeks to obtain
answers and additional information from Management or other areas
of the department of company as needed.
- Maintains a full knowledge of FEMA rules, regulations and
procedures specific to processing endorsements, new business,
renewals and cancelations. Review internal reports to ensure that
processing and phone standards are being met by the customer
service team. Look for opportunities for improvements or potential
performance issues. All items must be conveyed to the CSR Manager
- Works in unison with specified underwriting team to enhance the
agency experience and maintain underwriting processing standards.
Look for opportunities to grow premium and improve retention
levels. . Ensure that the customer service reps have complete
understanding on the underwriting process and FEMA guidelines. Look
for opportunities to enhance a CSRs knowledge and provide training
- Participation in automation enhancements or workflow
improvements including suggestions for enhancements, testing, etc.
Assist in the testing of the system relative to new
- Be the expert on claim questions and assist the CSR team on
answering claim questions. Look for opportunities for additional
- Good understanding of underwriting criteria.
- Ability to supervise or lead a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the commitment to work
successfully in a team environment and foster teamwork.
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relations skills to support strong
customer service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain the necessary
attention to detail
- Organizational and planning skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent PC skills Preferred
- Office automation/keyboarding.
- High School diploma preferred
- 2+ years customer service or phone experience preferred
- 2+ years underwriting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills
- Bilingual/Spanish- required
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That
means we respect and value every individual's unique opinions,
beliefs, abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting
a welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual
identity, different points of view and experiences - and empowers
employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and
growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core
strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity,
equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and
all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the
attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and
foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.
Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Selective Insurance, Rapid City , Sr Flood Customer Service Representative, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!