If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal
career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the
"Career" icon on your homepage.
MHMC-RC Flormann St. Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The Medical Assistant utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort
to provide direct patient care as authorized by a provider.
Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies/procedures and
integrates knowledge into delivery of care. A Medical Assistant is
under the responsibility and direct supervision of a person
licensed to practice medicine in the state of South Dakota.
- Accurately administers medications, immunizations accurately
and in accordance with clinic policy.
- Collaboratively works with other staff members to assist
providers and patients in quality care. Assist the non-clinical
staff as directed in making patient care decisions within their
scope of practice.
- Collects specimens, vital signs, assesses level of functioning,
and reports/documents accordingly, as well as reporting to the
nurse in charge in a timely fashion
- Completes all assigned clerical activities.
- Contributes to patient assessment and participates in the
implementation of nursing intervention.
- Contributes to the permanent documentation of patient
- Performs EKG's and laboratory testing per CLIA license of the
- Properly prepares the examination and treatment areas per the
- Administering basic first aid.
- Operating office medical equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General
Registration - Medical Assistant (MA) - South Dakota Board of
Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood,
bodily fluids, or tissues.
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.