Company: Pennington County
Location: rapid city
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you want to make a difference in someones life
every.single.day ? Consider a job in Law Enforcement!
Perks to being a Law Enforcement Officer in Pennington County:
- Job Security!
- Great benefits (4+ weeks paid time off)
- Advancement opportunities
- A full time Wellness Coordinator!
- Community Support; In a "Defund the police" culture, our
- Government Officials that respect and support Law Enforcement
- The Pennington County Sheriffs Office
is looking for above average applicants to join our Law Enforcement
team. We offer a variety of assignments, expedited career tracks
and progressive leadership.
Candidates can look forward to working for a highly supportive
community nestled in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. The
Black Hills boasts spectacular scenery, endless recreation for all
seasons and a great place to raise a family. We have a strong and
growing economic base of agriculture and tourism. The Blacks Hills
have a thriving arts and culture scene that encompasses the values
and history of our region.
As a representative of the Sheriff, the Deputy Sheriff I protects
life and property for the citizens of Pennington County. As a
member of the Law Enforcement team, the Deputy Sheriff I promotes
positive relationships with the public and works to strengthen
relationships with other professional organizations.
Deputies work 12 hour shifts bid on a 6-month rotation. 50% prior
service is applied to all opportunities after two years with our
team. Concerned about qualifications? Dont self-disqualify, give us
a call and lets chat! You are welcome to contact us with any
questions prior to application. 605-394-6113, ask for Kim!
- Patrolling the county for prevention and suppression of crime,
enforcement of laws (federal, state and local) and ordinances,
investigation of illegal or suspicious activities and ensuring the
protection of life and property.
- Responds to calls relayed by radio, including domestic
disputes, arrests, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing
persons, and stranded motorists.
- Carries out investigations of assigned cases; collects
evidence; identifies and apprehends offenders; interviews
complainants; victims; witnesses and suspects; conducts follow-up
investigations as required.
- Responds to crime scenes; examines crime scene to identify and
collect evidence; photographs scenes; lifts fingerprints and makes
- Locating and making physical arrests of law violators or active
- Interviewing witnesses/suspects and preparing written reports
and appearing in court as a witness.
- Transporting or escorting prisoners to courtrooms,
prisons/jails or medical facilities.
- Assisting in serving civil process and court orders.
- Maintaining ability to testify as a credible witness in
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Testing Process: Applicants are required to meet minimum
physical agility standards and a passing score of 70% on our
written exam prior to an interview. The physical agility standards
can be found on our website .
Education : High school diploma or GED
Age: Minimum 21 years of age
Experience: None required, preference given to those with prior
Licensure: Valid South Dakota Driver's License within 90 days of
Certification : None required, preference give to those with
current post certification
Background Standards: Please review our background requirements
through this link .
Keywords: Pennington County, Rapid City , Deputy Sheriff, Other , rapid city, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!