Seasonal Highway Flag Person
Company: Pennington County
Location: Rapid City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Flag Person performs flagging duties and assists in maintenance
work on County highways and bridges, including asphalt repairs,
gravel road maintenance, mowing and other duties as directed.
* Perform flagging traffic control duties on County highway
projects in compliance with MUTCD and SD Flagger Certification
* Assist in maintenance work on County highways and bridges,
including asphalt repairs, gravel road maintenance and mowing.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform
any other related duties as may be required.
Experience and/or Education Required:
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* Previous highway construction or maintenance work desirable
* Required to complete SD Flagger Certification Class
* Valid driver's license
* Must be able to frequently sit, walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop,
reach and lift, push or pull
* Upper body strength is a requisite to lift/move 20 lbs.
unassisted; and lift/move 50 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally.
* The ability to talk and hear through face-to-face communication
* Will be required to use appropriate personal protective
* Most work is performed outdoors where the employee is exposed to
outside weather conditions including extreme cold, extreme heat,
moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic chemicals, high volume traffic, heavy equipment
and noise related to construction projects. Noise level may be loud
Keywords: Pennington County, Rapid City , Seasonal Highway Flag Person, Other , Rapid City, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!